Regardless of what you are promoting, article marketing is the quickest way to generate traffic to your blog or website. If you want to attract a massive following, you’ll need to use the following article marketing strategies.
1. Use high traffic keywords or long tail phrases in your articles. You will need to research keywords or phrases your target market is searching for in the search engines. The ideal keywords will have low competition and high search volume. You can use a popular search engine like Google to check the competition of your keywords. Once you find keywords with relatively low competition, you can then use free Google tools to find the number of searches per month. Use those keywords throughout your article. The perfect combination of keyword competition and search volume can rank you on the first page of Google.
2. Be Original. Use only original content in your article marketing. Search engines have a secret way of determining if your article is a duplicate. Duplicate content is not counted by search engines, so there is no advantage to copying other peoples’ work. Besides, your goal is to brand yourself as the expert in your niche and that means writing unique articles.
3. Publish your article to as many sites as possible. This will not only get your name out there, but if done properly can generate lots of backlinks. First, you will want to post the original article to your own blog or website. Then, you will submit the article to authority sites, such as EzineArticles and ArticleBase. You can also submit them to bookmarking sites, such as Onlywire.
4. Rewrite your original article. Semi-unique articles that includes backlinks to your main blog post is fine. Backlinks are search engines’ votes that your article is relevant to visitors keyword searches. The more backlinks your article has, the higher the ranking.
5. Use author resource boxes. This is the area that contains a little information about you, has a link to your blog or website, and has a call to action for your reader. Examples of a CAll to Action would be “Click here to read my other articles” with a hyperlink that sends them to your blog, or a link to a capture page.
6. Ping all your posted links. Copy and paste the URLs, or permalinks, of all your articles and submit them to PingFarm.com. PingFarm is a service which notifies Search Engines that your blog or website has been updated.
Article marketing is the most effective way to brand yourself. It may be time-consuming initially, but the benefits are residual and the results are huge.